Saturday, October 11, 2008

Letter #1


Hey Parents,
Sorry about the letters and e-mail. I forgot my e-mail address and I called the mission office and they gave me a password to make a new one and that password didn't work so I am useing my companions untill I figure mine out. So go ahead and write me back on this one. I sent letters every week I don't know why they haven't gotten to you yet. I am sure that they have now. At least I hope so. I only can recieve and send mail on mondays. If you haven't gotten my letters I will tell you about my mission in this email. I started in the english speaking mission and after the 2nd day I got an emergency transfer and I am now in the spanish speaking mission. My first sunday I got to baptize 3 people, I had to do it in spanish so I was pretty scared. But it all went very well. The next sunday we had another baptism. His name is Tomas. He is an illegal and had a qretty bad life before we met him. Now he has a job and wants to buy a van to pick up our investigators to go to church on sundays. He is awesome. I am in the downtown part of SanDiego so I am right newt to the baseball stadium. It's pretty cool. We never go toward all the big buildings though because everyoune down there are just tourists and stuff. the area that I am in is the poorest and most dangerouse part of SanDiego . Everyounes houses are falling apart and we get yelled at and people swear at us everyday. We just ignore them and we really haven't been in any bad situations yet. My bike is awesome! thank you so much. There are so many hills here. It is definatly a workout. Right when we leave our apt. we have to bike up this huge hill that is so steap it is so tiering and even though it's like 75 digrees outside it feels like 120. In our area there arn't very many members. We have a small branch and we meet inside a school for sacrament meeting. But they are all awesome. They feed us every day. I am either going to love or hate mexican food when I get home. Sometimes it's really good and other times its in a nasty house nasty food and nasty drinks. I allways finish it though. I am learning to eat all my vegis. My spanish is coming along good. Thanks to president Donaldsons blessing. He gave me the gift of tounges and in the blessing he told me that I will learn Spanish way faster then possible for the human mind. He also said that it will be a huge blessing later in my life to learn spanish. It is still hard to understand anything that people say but I have learned to pray, say the baptismal prayer, bare my testimony, and I am working on learning the lessons. I also know alot more but there is so much more that I need to learn. Tell grandma thanks for the cookies they made my day and my companions too. probably our week. I will send her another letter next week telling her thanks. Thats awesome that TaSha had her baby. I wish I could see him. Anyways I only have a half hour on the computer each monday so I have to go cause I only have 5 min. left. Thanks for everything and make sure to send me pictures of Jake!!
love you,Elder Naylor

No comments: